Old March 10th 08, 12:33 AM posted to misc.kids
Nan

Default teenager breaking curfew

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 18:51:33 GMT, Jeff
wrote:

As an aside, I wish to add: I do think that it helps kids if the rules
are pretty consistent from house to house. For example, similar bed
times and similar consequences for hitting siblings. I said as an aside,
because in most cases, the rules are consistent enough.

I do also wish to add that it is appropriate for some punishments to
carry over to other houses. For example, if a child knew that if he
didn't get that report he had 3 weeks to finish done on time, then he
would not be allowed to watch TV, then that punishment should carry from
one house to the other. Of course, the key here is communication between
the parents.

Jeff

Yes, I agree that rules *should* be consistent between houses.
Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way!

In your example I can see it making sense that *some* consequences can
carry over. In my example I was thinking of the time my son rode his
bicycle outside his boundary. He was restricted for several days but
when he went to his dad's for the weekend I didn't expect his dad to
keep him restricted at his house.

Nan