Old November 8th 03, 05:11 PM
beeswing

Default Awful Halloween costumes

Mary Ann wrote:

I can see not letting your child watch scary movies...I have never seen them
because I a scared of being scared but what is wrong in discussing them,both
what you like and what you don't like about them?

It's not that these movies might be "scary" -- my main objection to the slasher
horror films the violence in them. And my daughter and I have had many talks on
violence and why I don't want her to watch violent movies. What I I won't do is
discuss the individual movies with my daughter in any detail, and when she asks
me about a movie I have objections to, I'll give her my perspective on *why* I
don't want her to see it at her age. There's a difference between discussing
*why* you don't like these kinds of movies versus detailing the characters, the
story, and so on.

beeswing