Old May 18th 04, 02:17 PM
bobb

Default Does Kane9 claim spanking for Klebold and Harris caused Columbine?

"Doan" wrote in message

Being stupid again! No where did the article mention anything about
spanking!

Doan

On 16 May 2004, Kane wrote:

After all, over 90% of all parents spank, right? Where was that cop
with his nightstick when this family needed him, asks Droany.

Where were the church members and the objects to beat suspended boys
with, asks The Plant.

Or if the families has been good families, like the folks in the
1800's who routinely fed opiates to their children to quite them and
killed them thereby this wouldn't have happened, speculates the
Spirea.

From Fox News:

Klebolds Say They Don't Need Forgiveness

Sunday, May 16, 2004

NEW YORK - In their first interview since the Columbine High School
(search) massacre, the parents of one of the killers said they feel no
need be forgiven and didn't realize their son was beyond hope until
after he was dead.

"Dylan (Klebold) did not do this because of the way he was raised,"
Susan Klebold told columnist David Brooks (search) in Saturday's
editions of The New York Times. "He did it in contradiction to the way
he was raised."

See complete story at..........

It is silly to beleive, or even offer, the idea that spanking was the cause
of this behavior. And I agree, no where has spanking been mentioned. I
could even suspect these boys were never spanked.

I also cannot understand why it is necessary for the parents to apologize
for the behaviors of their son. If the victims are looking for answers they
have a narrowed, unrealistic, view.

I could say that the parents missed an obvious red flag... the trench
coat... but so did a lot of other people. I'm of the opinon that
individuality is not a bad thing.. but there are limits, and there must be a
sense of understanding. The trench coat represented an enviornment of
acceptance or attention the boys could not find elsewhere. While some kids
dress and opt for out-landish' appearances, much of the time it is done in
fun or fad Certain behaviors and dress are for no purpose other than
something sinister or illgeal. For instance, gang colors and their
associated uniforms. Society, including the school officials, need to
intervene when rules of expected conduct are broken. There is a need to
question and sometimes react. I'm of the opinon gangs membership could be
limited merely by offering alternatives before kids become firmly
entrenched. Columbine High school, in all probability, helped to set the
stage for this disaster.

The largeness of high schools these days is slowly being recognized not only
as instituions of poor learning... but also a feeding ground for the rampant
distribution of drugs and anti-social cults. There is little or no time to
intereact with kids..or even to hear their calls for help when it is needed.

As adults, it is not unusal that many perfer to work for the smaller, family
oriented companies where there are more opportunties to contribute, and
successes do not go unrecognized. Obviously, with a dozen or so jr.
schools feeding a single large high school the opportunity to participate in
school acitivites such as football becomes extremely limited. Many boys
who were motivied through sports in the lower grade must be left out. Those
who make the team are, I would assume, the best of the best and flaunt their
status.... and no doubt the school caters to their acheivements. I would
suppose boys who are left out feel much like the person who gets fired from
a job he really likes and enjoys.

It's a bit hard to quarter-back the police and social workers but they, too,
must admit failure. There are too many laws that keep kids in school,
especially at the higher age groups, who probably have no business being
there. It's become quite obvious, and always has been, some kids are in
school merely for the social interaction or 'fun' as they might call it...
not education.. and spend more time in detention than actual class. For
that, I've always asked, why? Could it be that even Klebold and his
group had no business in school? That may be the extreme but did anyone
take the time to determine what was going on with those boys.... or to
recognize the failings of the school?

The victims parents should be looking at all the attendant social
problems... not merely the boy's parents.

Columbine is not isolated except for experiencing the extreme. Other
schools are disrupted in much the same manner and have their own sorta
trench coat mafias. As mcuh as CPS has fallen into dispair.... so have our
schools.

bobb