Old December 12th 03, 02:14 AM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

Default A sad good bye.

read my original post, Its not about my drying up... I felt my supply *was*
dwindling which was adding to the downward spiral. I want to stop nursing
because of the stresses I am putting on my self and others. I want to stop
nursing because I miss my DD and my DH. I want to stop because he was on my
feeding too frequently than I could handle emotionally. My daughter was un
able to deal with it as well and that made me feel guilty etc... I'm not
going to go on. I took the pills because I wanted to dry up faster. when I
said I don't know why I took them I meant (I don't know why I took them, I
guess I could have dried up on my own.

"Elfanie" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:56:26 GMT, "K-K ~Glass Boobs~"
wrote:

I could tell the tension was
dwindling my supply.

*snip*
I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that

they
will help with the engorgement.

Ok...I'm confused.

the only pills I know that will "dry you up" is bromocriptine (brand
name Parlodel). Unlike most people are mistaken about, they are not
off the market. they also are not an arthritis drug...they are an
anti-parkinsons drug. they DID stop giving them to dry up milk
supplies because there are a LOT of risks to bromocriptine, a LOT of
side effects, and it was deemed not worth it to have that level of
risk for that temporary of a problem.

HOWEVER....that aside..

You are stopping nursing because you are tired and stressed because
your baby wants to nurse all the time and you feel your supply is
dwindling..
yet you're taking something to dry you up?? *boggles* I suppose I
just don't understand this...not at all. Makes no sense....

Stephanie Soderblom CLD CCCE CD(DONA) ICD
Mesa, AZ
Mommy to Mikael 5/9/95 - Kerstyn 8/6/99 - and Kevin 8/30/02
Student Midwife
Birth Doula / Childbirth Educator / Pregnancy and Birth Photography

http://www.birthdiaries.com - Birth Story Diaries=REAL BIRTHS = REAL

PHOTOS