Old February 28th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Default The Embry study: What it actually said.

"toto" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:48:54 -0800, Doan wrote:

No more claiming that the spanked kids have the highest street entry
rates? ;-)

While that may not be what the study was about, Dr. Embry did write
this in a letter to Children Magazine (summer 1987 issue):

"Actual observation of parents and children shows that SPANKING
(emphasis added), scolding, reprimanding and nagging INCREASES the
rate of street entries by children. Children use going into the street
as a near-perfect way to gain parents' attention."

I knew a kid like this once. He was 3 yo. He would wait until the last
second and then dash across the street in front of a car. It happened on
multiple occasions. His mom would always spank him, but I think he liked
the thrill and attention. Almost got him killed a number of times.