Old July 8th 03, 12:54 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Nursing while sleeping

Dawn Lawson wrote:

I will sometimes forget a feeding, since I don't get really awake
when I don't have to get out of bed and stagger around trying to deal with
babe in the dark.

I have the opposite problem -- I remember feedings that
didn't happen. Nothing worse than waking in the dead of the
night, thinking you fell asleep while nursing, and trying to
figure out why the baby isn't on or near you.

I had DS on a towel (*note* extra bedding is considered a SIDS risk) and just
"towed" him up/down and back and forth to switch sides, because I didn't like
rolling with him, though right now I don't recall why.

That's worth a try. I'm sleeping with a waterproof pad
(like a lap pad but much bigger) under me / us now, because
it's more comfortable for me than a towel, and because
Caterpillar is prone to leaky poopy diapers in the night. I
bet if I could arrange the second one so it was just under
her, I could slide her around with it.

And Phoebe....keep trying stuff.

I will. I wish I'd been comfortable enough earlier on to
try more things out, because I think Caterpillar is confused
when she doesn't get to nurse the same way she always
nurses. For the next baby, I must remember to never let my
guard down, even for a moment, no matter how tired I am.

Phoebe