Old July 8th 03, 07:35 PM
P. G. Chavez

Default Nursing while sleeping

Dawn Lawson wrote and I snipped:

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Nothing worse than waking in the dead of the
night, thinking you fell asleep while nursing, and trying to
figure out why the baby isn't on or near you.

yeah, had that happen too.

Wow! I never knew that had happened to anyone else but me. It was
mostly in the first few weeks and was extremely disorienting. I
actually had the physical sensation of DD being in my arms, but she
wasn't there when I looked. I think sleep deprivation had something to
do with it. That and giving in to the convention of putting baby to
sleep in a bassinet against my instincts. Is that the feeling you're
talking about?

-Patty, mom to Corinne [Mar-98] and Nathan [May-00]
and stepmom to Victoria [Apr-90]