Old May 11th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Defense against Child Support Non-payment claims

On May 10, 4:06 pm, "DB" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

To whom it may concern
My brother in law is in trouble with child support services. During
1996 - 2001 he paid child support to his ex. Directly, outside of
child support services. Now child support services is saying they do
not have records of him paying and now owes approx fifty thousand.

Has he been paying anything since 2001?

If so, why is this arrearage showing up now?

If I were him, I'd check the "recording" laws in his state and call
her nicely to
get her to admit that he actually paid and is just trying to extort
additional money
from him, then take that little bit to court...

Nasty ex's they are...