Old September 18th 05, 12:22 PM
toypup

"dragonlady" wrote in message
It is exactly this attitude that is creating the safety problem:
everyone drives their kids to school, because of what I think is
misplaced anxiety -- at least, in most areas it is misplaced.

I've been astounded at what some people think are "unsafe" areas for
children to walk in, with no evidence other than the general growing
paranoia.

Add to that that so many of the parents who drive do NOT pay attention
to the pedestrians . . .

And that the schools were not designed to have safe drop-off/pick up
areas . . .

With everyone driving their kids to school, shouldn't they be designed with
safe drop-off/pick up areas. Too late if you have an older school, but they
are building lots of them here. I'm not sure if they have safe zones,
though.