Old September 18th 05, 03:12 PM
Sue

"dragonlady" wrote in message However, that
school opened in about 1990, and most schools here are
considerably older -- they weren't designed with the major amount of
parent driving that takes place now in mind.

Yeah, the kids' elementary school was built in 1929 with a total of 20
parking spots in the parking lot. I kid you not, I counted. Now we have over
300 kids going to this school and we are all crammed in there trying to drop
off and pick up. I let my kids walk home in the afternoon, but I do drive
them in the morning. We live on a busy road and the drivers are supposed to
follow the 30 mph speed limit, but do you think the adults follow that
speed??? NO, of course not. Because them getting to work and going on with
their day is more important than the kids trying to walk to school and back.
Both the school parking lot and getting to school is a touchy nerve with me
and what really baffles me is that we are dealing with adults here and not
the kids.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)