Old November 13th 03, 12:44 AM
Claire Petersky

Default Anyone think I shouldn't name my daughter Hypatia Artemis? Other suggestions?

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , andrea baker

I'm thinking of Hypatia (after Hypatia of Alexandria) for my
daughter's first name, and Artemis (after the Greek Goddess of the
Hunt) for a second name. My parents are horrified, and think she'll
be teased.

I would switch it and go for Artemis Hypatia.

My initial reaction to 'Hypatia' was that it sounds like a medical

condition.

Hysteria, hysterectomy, dyspepsia were all things that came to mind when I
read it.

'Artemis' is a better-known mythological figure, and no obvious reason to

tease
about it comes to mind. So make that the first name.

I agree. And Arte, pronounced "arty" is kind of a cute nick name, if you had
to go that route.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky