Old December 3rd 03, 10:26 PM
AlenasMom

Default Solids for medication

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
news:Fktzb.549776$6C4.504349@pd7tw1no...

AlenasMom wrote:

I have to give Alena a pill called Lausec (I think I spelled that

right)
for her reflux. The only way I can give it to her is in some form of a
solid (like rice cereal or fruit... or something.)

If it's Losec, that's NOT the only way to give it.
I can explain how to make the tablets into a liquid....just ask Brigitte!

In fact, it should NOT be given with food, if at all possible, for best
effect.

It's simple enough to do at home if you can accurately follow a recipe.
Let me know. I will even contact your dr if they have an email address,
if you don't want to do it. You could also check for compounding
pharmacies in your area.

Dawn

If there's a better way, I would LOVE to not feed her this crap just yet.

I've been arguing with my pediatrician that she doesn't need them. She's on
lots of iron supplement for her low iron count and I don't want to drum up
business for him by giving her more illnesses and allergies