Old December 8th 03, 07:18 AM
KC

Default Solids for medication

Don't cry sweetie. I can relate because I am an easy cryer and I end
up crying over things I am worrying about too. Both my kids got food
at 4 months and have no allergies. They are both doing great in every
respect too. Both my pedis (we moved) recommended starting solids at 4
- 6 months. I think probably the vast majority of people start solids
at 4 or5 months, but you wouldn't know it from reading this group.

Dont pedis often prescribe rice cereal for reflux? Neither of my kids
had reflux, but I am sure I have heard of rice cereal being prescribed
for it, so just think of the rice cereal as part of the medicine.

KC

"AlenasMom" wrote in message t.cable.rogers.com...
I have to give Alena a pill called Lausec (I think I spelled that right)
for her reflux. The only way I can give it to her is in some form of a
solid (like rice cereal or fruit... or something.)
Is this going to cause her allergies and problems because she's only 5
months old??? I sat and cried when my doctor told me this.
So I spent an hour looking for a rice cereal that wasn't made out of 35%
formula and wasn't made by Nestle (I'm boycotting them... I miss Aero bars
soooo much!!!) and found Heinz Rice Cereal.
Someone help me feel better about this....