Old August 10th 03, 06:14 AM
newfy

Default Is this racist?

"Wendy Marsden" wrote in message
I'm driving behind a white GMC Jimmy SUV and it has exactly one bumper
sticker on it that says, "I hunt black and tans". I'm looking at this
with my mouth open thinking they MUST be talking about dogs, they
can't really be talking about lynching, can they? I look closer to see if
there's a tiny "with" in there. Nope, but there's a silhouette which I
finally figure out (at a stop light when I can study it) is a dog barking
up a tree trunk.

Well, someone might have already pointed out that a "black and tan" is a
type of coonhound. The black and tan being for their coloring. I have a
redbone coonhound myself. The reason the silhouette was of a dog barking up
a tree is because they tree the racoon/bear/mountain lion, etc. I would be
willing to bet there was no ill intent, just a proud black and tan hunter.
--
JennP.
mom to matthew 10/11/00