Old March 21st 07, 06:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Default mirena Q

Anyone here had issues with their mirena *after* weaning your child?

Child #2, (DS ~2.5) recently weaned, but was only having 1-2 bf a day since
January ... when my AF came back on a regular basis.

A bit of history:
Since AF came back at 4 mo PP with DD (and she was exclusively bf at the
time), I'd assumed that my lack of AF was due to the mirena with DS (well it
appeared every 4-5 months or so after he turned 1 yo, but was only a few
spots and that's it).
Since January this year, AF has been back to clockwork (every 28 days).

BUT
instead of being "normal" ( sorry TMI - ie 1-2 heavy days, 2-3 spotty
days), its now light bleeding for 2 *weeks* at a time.
I expected this sort of thing when it was first inserted at 8 weeks pp (
~2.3 years ago), but only ever had light spotting every few months while DS
was bf 4-12 times a day.

I'm seriously considering going back to my Ob/Gyn and asking him to take the
%$^& thing out (its already caused another problem which requires its
removal and replacement, so we were going to leave that until its due for
replacement anyway). But if I've got 2 weeks of bleeding to look forward to
every month, I'm thinking I'll get the other thing sorted earlier than
expected and *not* replace the mirena.

Anyone had a similar experience?