Old January 20th 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Kent Wills

Default Why Caseworker Perjury charges were dropped - Subpoena's not answered?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:14:54 -0800 (PST), Greegor
wrote:

G I had some interesting telephone conversations with
G the prosecutor, John Bernau.

* * * * Any of them related to the case? Since he can't talk about the
case in any detail without violating his ethics, something I don't see
a county attorney doing, you most probably talked about something
else. *Or he gave very general information.

Without going into more details I would way that
it honestly sounds like prosecutor John Bernau
is NOT going to be pressured into letting this one go.

Incredibly, I honestly expect to see this one refiled in a few months.

* * * * Based on the articles you posted, this would be a logical
presumption. *The County Attorney's office dropped the charges without
prejudice. *This allows them more time to gather evidence and re-file.
* * * * It's done when the CA feels the evidence isn't enough to prove
guilt BARD and the speedy trial deadline is looming.

There is no lack of evidence, sometimes it goes the other way.

According to the articles, several of the subpoenas went
unanswered. This means a lack of evidence is available for trial.
I expect the CA's office will follow up, and re-file if the
subpoenas produce enough evidence.

Did you notice that her attorney is NOT from
the state Attorney General's office?

DUH.
Someone from the AG's office isn't likely going to be a
defense attorney. The Attorney General's office PROSECUTES.

--
Kent
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...