Old June 23rd 03, 07:07 PM
Tracy

Default what a concept......... (reply to all)

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message
s.com...
"Tracy" wrote
I never meant to imply they would be better off with
the mother. They are better off with their father. Once
their mother gets her act together then *maybe* they
could consider equal parenting time. But that time
will never come! I met *her* father last night. He
came out and told me *he* didn't divorce him... get
the picture? Dad is selling his home. He is moving.
The boys want nothing to do with their mother, and
the daughter wants to stay with her father.

Ok, I need a clarification here. Are you saying you met your boyfriend's
ex-wife's father? And that he still maintains a positive relationship

with
your boyfriend?

Yes. Her family won't have anything to do with her. They can't believe she
left my boyfriend - period.

This is the story... after more than 21 years of marriage my boyfriend's
[then] wife informs him she is in love with another man, but still "loves"
him too. She had been having an affair with this other man for a few
months. This other man is her Aunt's boyfriend! The other man is much
younger than the Aunt, but much older than the wife. This other man is scum
(per the wife's word), and all in the family would agree. My boyfriend is a
hard working man who supported his family all those years. He is what most
decent women want in a husband. He would never cheat on his wife, or anyone
he is committed to. He doesn't lie. He's very honest. He has great morals
and a loving heart. He's not controlling or abusive. His ex even stated to
him, and some of the closest family members, that she does not deserve him.
She calls herself a "rebel without a cause". She rebelled against
everything that was right - including her family. Her family viewed him as
their own because of his strong moral beliefs and how he treated her. They
still do view him as family. He didn't break up that family. He did
nothing to her to deserve what she did.

I've met quite a few members of her family, and I'll be attending a wedding
on July 4th with him. Someone in her family is getting married and we're
going together. Afterwards we're going to catch some fireworks. We're
planning on him meeting my family and me his direct family shortly.

After my ex-wife and I split, I had a better relationship with her mother
and brother than she did for about a year and a half. Now, they've all

made
amends, but I still get alomg with them just fine.

I don't know if their closeness will last forever, but I can say my
boyfriend is friends with her father. Not to mention there's a bond due to
history... my boyfriend was a logger originally. So was her father, and
others in her family. So there's this level of respect that can't be broken
easily.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***