Old January 19th 04, 05:24 AM
Chris

Default Another child killed in kincare

Kane wrote:
[snip]

: YOU, Asshole, are a ****ing smelly **** precisely because YOU defend
: people that torture children, and even those that kill children.

: YOU ARE A ****ING SMELLY ROTTEN ****....got that?

: Grow the **** up, you family and child hating bitch.

In most cases, this sort of verbal abuse is the last resort of people
with losing positions who have nothing left with which to argue. But the
antispank position is not a losing position. We have the momentum of
history on our side, and virtually all the science on our side. Over a
dozen countries have banned the practice entirely with more in the
pipeline. It has been banned in all but a dwindling minority of US
states' school systems, and US public opinion in favor of spanking
continues to erode according to public opinion polls. We antispankers
don't need to engage in obscene rants. We are winning this battle of the
culture wars.

Resorting obscenities and personal attacks is a sign of weakness
rather than a sign of strength. Alt.parenting.spanking was more effective
back in the old days when the antispankers were polite and civil while the
prospankers threw obscene tantrums and launched endless personal smear
campaigns which few lurkers took seriously. Now that the mud slinging is
so prevalent on both sides I have less interest in the debates here than I
used to, although I still check in from time to time.

It's simple. Antispankers are winning everywhere. We don't need to
behave as if we are losing and must resort to vulgar personal attacks for
lack of anything more cogent to offer.

Chris