Old June 14th 05, 03:33 AM
dragonlady

In article 3188753.HxucGmHcQs@FreeBSD, Tommy
wrote:

dragonlady wrote:

In article 1755013.TBkpeNEYPk@FreeBSD, Tommy
wrote:

dragonlady wrote:

In article . net,
greccogirl wrote:

How very sad. Those poor kids. The justice system in this country is
really screwed up. Even as the verdicts were being read some of the
jurors were crying. I hope they can live with themselves.

I wasn't in the courtroom -- and neither were you.

If there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, then there wasn't
enough evidence.

There's always the possibility that he's innocent of the charges --
though you have, apparently, decided you know the Real Truth.

And even if he really is guilty of the charges -- well, the standard in
this country is still "innocent until PROVEN guilty" -- and,
apparently,
the state was unable to meet that burden. The jurors have nothing to
be ashamed of for doing their job, instead of following the feeding
frenzy.

I guess you think O.J. Simpson was Innocent.

I don't know -- but I DO know that the police screwed up badly, and left
the state unable to prove that he was guilty.

Remember: the verdict is NOT "innocent" -- the verdict is "not guilty",
meaning that guilt could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

That means people who have done the crime sometimes go free -- but I
still prefer a standard that means the state has to PROVE guilt, instead
of just be "pretty sure".

Look it.......... If you had a 40 year old neighbor who brought young boys
into his house and they would spend the night - would you call the cops?
Uh, hey this isn't normal, grown men don't sleep with little boys - or none
that I know.

DragonLady, I don't know if you have kids or not - if you do have kids,
would you let them stay with Jackson?

I do, and I wouldn't.

So what?

We have kids spend the night in our house that we aren't related to, and
did before we had kids. I like kids.

There is, apparently, no proof that Jackson did what he is accused of
having done. That doesn't mean he didn't -- it does mean that the state
failed to meet the burden of proof required for a guilty verdict.

And there is no way to know, for sure, if he did or didn't.