Old September 7th 08, 03:13 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD[_2_]

Default school supplies!

"Sue" wrote in message
I really have no complaints about our school. The problems that I have had,
I took it to the person that it was a problem and it was solved. We had one
really bad teacher in elementary school and I requested to never have her
and we never did. Perhaps I am just lucky or I really do have a good school
district. I would never homeschool anyway, no matter how awful things were.
I would just find another district or another setting that fit our needs.

In my state, the children have to go to school in their local district. So
here, you can't just find another district. Occasionally there are
exceptions and there have only recently been made some new rules about how
to get into another district. I don't even know about them because I don't
need to right now. I explained in another post about this new school in the
district where my brother lives. There were 2 elementary schools and which
one you went to depended on where you lived in the district. Well a new
elementary school was built and all the special ed students in the whole
district (and this is 2 towns) have to go to this one school, they closed
the special ed in the other two elem. schools. Well they decided to not
furnish the whole school, the science labs don't have equipment, the special
ed room does not have what it needs, there's no playground,...
The county I live in has 5 separate school districts. Where I grew up, there
were 2 elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. The high
school was just being remodeled in 2005 and it has been there since the
50's.
I think maybe it's just this part of the state, or country. We are known for
high illiteracy rates. I know when I was in high school, and we were trying
to raise money for my choir to go to Austria(this was for the Youth and
Music Festival in Vienna), the school district refused to give us any money
but they gave the money to the athletics department. We had to raise almost
$2000/student. Luckily alot of our father's places of employment donated
money to us and many people cared enough to buy all the crap we sold as
fundraisers, and we washed a zillion cars. Being in a farming community
there weren't that many wealthy families, and those that were were in the
athletics dept. and cheerleading.
Marie