Old September 10th 03, 06:19 AM
Irrational Number

Default Midwives & Home birth vs. an OB & hospital ?

mountainspring wrote:

However, once I switched to the midwives, I can honestly say, I will
never switch back. [...] With all the doctors I've ever
dealt with, I usually feel lucky to keep them in the room long enough to
answer whatever questions I may have before they're running out the door
to see another patient. [...]

Just piping in to say that not all doctors are
always in a hurry. I have a fabulous ob/gyn
who has never, ever made me feel rushed. The
one time he did have a few emergency c-sections,
they told me up front that I'd only have 15
minutes with him. Otherwise, I've always been
able to ask all the questions I want and he's
been a rock of support during the easy part
of my pregnancy, during the horrible premature
contractions / u/s misdiagnosis by the
perinatologists / possible hydrocephalus /
fibroid problems, and during the c-section,
and afterwards. Plus, he has a fantastic
front office who will fight for you and make
calls and send faxes until you get the result
you want (a squeezed appointment into a
completely booked pediatric neurologist, for
example).

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE