Old March 15th 04, 03:03 PM
bobb

Default Parent Stress Index another idiotic indicator list

wrote in message
om...
What would your suggestion be? If parental stress indicators aren't
relevent--then what??

Stress is an ill-conceived idea. There are many who thrive on stress and
deliberity keep a busy schedule. As for myself, I've failed every stress
taken... those foolish little dittys in reader's diegest and the like. It's
one of those one-shoe-fits-all theories that hardly apply except when an
excuse or rationalization is needed to excuse, or justify, someone's
behavior.

For instance, single parents.. whatta hardship.. ohmygosh...we're supposed
to feel sorry for them..or at least admire them. Especially if they're
woman. Think real deep now. The single parent uses the child to excuse
their own behavior... and we make apoligies for them. Once again, kids are
being exploited.

I know lotsa single dads and moms who find their way quite sucessfully.. and
who don't need excuses..or sympathy.

bobb