Old September 20th 03, 01:02 AM
LFortier

Default PE/Recess time mandates

Leigh Menconi wrote:
Withholding of recess time as punishment is specifically forbidden in our
school district but I have heard of some teachers doing it. It seems like
kids who act up need *more* running around time, not less, so that they are
better able to focus when they are in class (or are at least too tired to be
distracting to other children).

Leigh in raLeigh

Is it actually forbidden, Leigh? I also live in Wake Co.
and I don't think we've ever had a teacher (and my oldest is
5th grade) who hasn't withheld recess. Some have kids stay
in for behavior, some for incomplete work. My 5th grader
was one of only a handful that got playtime one day last
week - most of the class had incomplete book reports and had
to work on them.

Did you make it through the storm okay?

Lesley