Old January 5th 04, 12:58 PM
Jeff

Default Peds want soda ban

"JG" wrote in message
t...
"Roger Schlafly" wrote in message
t...
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/05/education/05SODA.html

Soft drinks should be eliminated from schools to help tackle the

nation's
obesity epidemic, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
In a new policy statement, the academy says that pediatricians should
contact local superintendents and school board members and "emphasize

the
notion that every school in every district shares a responsibility for

the
nutritional health of its students."

Ah, those impetuous peds! Don't they realize that "every school in
every district" is simply too darn busy attending to its responsibility
regarding the educational "health" of its students?!?
.....er....um....never mind....

I guess this is a situation of where school districts should teach by
example.

And I agree 100% with the AAP on this one.

Jeff