Old March 21st 04, 08:42 PM
Linz

Default blood clotting - update

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:33:13 +0000, Anne Rogers
wrote:

you may remember a few weeks ago that I asked a question about blood
clotting, as ds's tests had taken too long to clot. Well, we had another
test, same result. They also ran some other tests on various proteins in
the blood. It turns out that ds has something called von Willebrand's
Disease Type IIA, this is not really a problem, it's very rarely detected
in males but it often presents in women as heavy periods. The only
possible problem is if he has surgery or a trauma injury. It's hereditary
and the likelyhood is that he got it from me, as I bruise very easily.
I'm glad we've found out what the problem is and also relieved that we can
put a name to it and I wasn't seeing things when I saw blood in his
nappies!

Saying "I'm pleased to hear that" sounds a bit odd, but you know what
I mean! I'm glad you now know what the problem is!
--
Linz
YB: 5 months, 17lbs