Old September 16th 04, 07:20 PM
Karen O'Mara

oaway (Joelle) wrote in message ...
When I first started my job, I would get occasionally get these calls from
these people with terribly tragic stories or problems, and they usually
involved some sort of sexual dimmension. After consulation with some
counselers, I learned that there are people who get their kicks calling people
in the helping profession with these stories. As one pro bluntly told me "You
know, Joelle, this guy probably had his dick in his hand the whole time you
were trying to *help* him." I eventually wised up and got a sense of this and
learned not to talk to people with these kinds of issues anonymously. So you
can call me hard hearted, but I prefer not to be part of someone's
masterbation fantasy.

And if I'm wrong, I still say, these issues are too serious for a bunch of
yahoos on the internet.

I remain unapolgetically, Joelle i'ts MS BiTCH to you :-)

Well, this certainly is an anonymous forum so it's hard to make the
call to ignore issues based on that criterion.

Yeah, there are people who probably are guilty of what you say.
Probably a lot. I think Scott Peterson's guilty, too... but I would
rather see him go free, than an innocent person go to prison. Sort of
a dumb analogy, but why not believe people here? Unless it's really
obvious they're a hoax, the only thing that is spent is a little pride
or embarrassment.

otoh, it's good to have someone from all sides presenting
advice/arguments, too. There's room for all of it, I guess. If there
is enough people to welcome intruders, it's not that big of a deal.

Karen