Old September 17th 04, 05:06 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Joelle" wrote in message

When I first started my job, I would get occasionally get these calls from
these people with terribly tragic stories or problems, and they usually
involved some sort of sexual dimmension. After consulation with some
counselers, I learned that there are people who get their kicks calling

people
in the helping profession with these stories. As one pro bluntly told me

"You
know, Joelle, this guy probably had his dick in his hand the whole time

you
were trying to *help* him." I eventually wised up and got a sense of this

and
learned not to talk to people with these kinds of issues anonymously. So

you
can call me hard hearted, but I prefer not to be part of someone's
masterbation fantasy.

I agree that the world is full of strange people but, for myself, I'd prefer
to allow someone the benefit of the doubt, especially on Usenet as it really
doesn't cost me anything at all.

Don't fall into the sort of trap that police sometimes do of thinking that
everyone has criminal intentions purely because most of the folks they see
on a daily basis have.

And if I'm wrong, I still say, these issues are too serious for a bunch of
yahoos on the internet.

I'm pretty much with you on this one. Advising someone on the basis of a
few posts is fraught with difficulties. Similarly, some pieces of advice
*are* only likely to be useful if you know a lot about the person giving the
advice.

I remain unapolgetically, Joelle i'ts MS BiTCH to you :-)

MS BiTCH it is then. LOL

--
Paul Griffiths