Old January 26th 05, 04:14 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Iuil wrote:

*That's the situation in the UK where hospitals have "catchment areas" and
*you tend to attend the hospital in whose area you live. The NICE guidelines
*state that breech birth is a variation of normal, therefore it's within
*every woman's right to insist on a vaginal breech birth and it's up to the
*hospital to provide a midwife or doctor who is competent in assisting at a
*breech birth. If there isn't such a person employed by the local NHS trust,
*then the onus is on them to hire someone externally on a case-by-case basis.
*

Ah. I don't imagine that is the case here - I tthink they couldget away
with saying the "standard of care" for breech presentation is c-section.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth