Old August 30th 06, 09:49 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Dave {Reply Address In.sig}

Default OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Cheri Stryker wrote:
My six month old is just at "that stage". He is really hating being
left on his back, he's not able to sit up by himself, and he can't be on
the couch because he's really good at rolling over, which means he'll
fall off. (I can't really sling him for very long, because my back is
too ruined from the first one...)

Here's my question. He mostly gets put down on a comforter on the
living room floor. We are currently suffering from a truly heinous
mouse invasion. Like, one or two on glue traps every three/four days.

I'm having a nervous breakdown. I don't know where all they are
running; though the babe is never left unobserved, so there's not been
any first-hand encounters between him and mice. How freaked out do I
have to be about him being on or near the floor? He's gonna crawl soon
- I think I might just steam the whole house before then.

Kit (almost 5) had his first encounter with mouse guts this week. One of
our cats plays with mice in the shower because they can't escape, and
recently she's taken to eating them in there as well. So now he knows
what mouse entrails look like and fortunately he seemed to think it was
funny[*] rather than scary. He did say there were two in there and I
corrected him to point out that the head was separate from the rest, but
he just laughed even more.
[*] I think the amusing part was that the cat had done something yucky
and daddy was annoyed.
--
Dave
mail da (without the space)