Old September 2nd 06, 04:33 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
emilymr

Default OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Cheri Stryker wrote:
Here's my question. He mostly gets put down on a comforter on the
living room floor. We are currently suffering from a truly heinous
mouse invasion. Like, one or two on glue traps every three/four days.

Oooh, yes, been there, only we had *rats*. Big ones. I totally
understand. :P I kept on top of sweeping/mopping, and no food was
ever left out. I did steam clean once or twice, but to be honest, it
was such a pain that I just stopped (no housekeeper of the year award
here...). FWIW, Micah never (that I know of) ate any rat poo, no rats
ever crawled into his crib and started nibbling on him in the middle of
the night, he never went crawling after a rat and grabbed its tail, and
he never picked up any of the dreaded rat-born diseases that I was
obsessing about. I eventually stopped worrying much about it in
terms of Micah, although we *did* keep on our landlady about it, and if
it hadn't gotten any better, we might have moved. (*Might*, since I
consider moving up there with steam cleaning in terms of Things I Like
To Do With My Spare Time.)

Good luck!! I know it's a real PITA, but at least in our experience,
Micah didn't suffer any negative consequences from our little rat
friends. Oh, except for the horrendous temper tantrums he's been
throwing lately.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04