Old April 1st 04, 03:14 AM
Dagny

Default Question: regaining lost milk supply?

"Naomi Rivkis" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:19:45 GMT, "New York Jen"
wrote:

I know she's not getting enough from me; we've had to supplement with
formula almost from the beginning. She would drain me and then howl
for more. I've tried to use the pump to stimulate more flow, so that I
could *stop* supplementing, but it's gotten worse instead of better. I
think she's still getting some from me, because she does stay on the
breast for a while even when she's hungry, and she's swallowing. But
she doesn't get anywhere near enough given the quantity of formula she
gulps down after she's finished with the breasts.

I read about this somewhere -- I read that they can appear to be ravenous
but really it's that the bottle nipple just keeps dumping liquid into their
mouths, and they have to swallow it or choke, and then they fall asleep from
exhaustion!

-- Dagny