Old September 19th 04, 02:10 PM
Joelle

I came
into this group initially hoping to find others who felt that single
parenthood sucked and hated the fact that they were single parents and felt
that they were being screwed by the system the way I was.

Well at the risk of having my butt busted for claiming to know how people feel,
my guess is that most people here have felt that way.

But what we've learned is that to stay in that mode is a sinkhole from which
there is no escape. And I've learned anyway, that sympathy in response to that
only throws you deeper in into that mudhole. There is no hope in that sinkhole.
So if the response seems rough, it's because we don't want to see anybody
lanquishing in that sinkhole any longer than they have to.

Instead, I found
people in this group who've had some rough patches, who are doing the best
they can, and who take it a day at a time in many cases

That's about it.

I know it sounds awfully dramatic and
that some who are reading this are probably rolling their eyes muttering
"drama queen"

Nope, my guess is most of us are happy to see you climbing out of the sinkhole.
But there's drama even on dry land!

All I can say is that as i feel better

That's a start.

Hang in there.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle