Old February 8th 05, 03:46 AM
Susan Cohen

"Chotii" wrote in message

Then unfortunately, you're not the correct person to address this
question. Also, all the pictures of infant circumcisions I have seen, have
the wound (-cision) encircling (circum-) the penis. I'm not clear how
anyone could orally draw blood from this wound without mouthing the entire
head and half the shaft of the infant penis. Perhaps mohels make a
different cut from what medical doctors do.

Having read up on what medical doctors do, I would have to say that yes, th
*precedure* is very different - but I'm not sure about how much is different
in the cutting. In a bris, only the tip is cut off, and then it's bandaged
down.

I'm looking for actual information. Which someone else clearly will have
to do, as you have only personally observed the use of gauze.

No, I never personally observed it with my son - my husband did.
But I suppose that amounts to the same thing in this case....

Ma'am, I have seen pictures of circumcisions, where the infant clearly has
an erection from all the handling/stimulation, intended or unintended. If
I overspoke by claiming the stimulation was intentional, then I overspoke,
but the effect would appear to be the same.

Okay - I do apologize; we've been inundated by a lot of sickos this week.

Susan