Old November 12th 07, 10:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

wrote:

Incidentally, 7 points sounds high -- I thought once confounding
factors were out of the question, and when you weren't talking about
premature babies, it got down to more like 3 points?

That's entirely possible. The discussion was over a recent BBC article
and we didn't have the original studies to hand. Maybe the original
researchers reported the unadjusted figures in the abstract and the
adjusted figures buried in the paper - if so, wouldn't be the first time
I've seen that happening.

But there are of
course a bunch of different studies around.

Also quite true.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell