Old August 21st 05, 03:33 PM
Mary W.

I'm curious as to why it's getting harder to find a doctor in the US
will to do a VBAC? I just finished reading 2 VBAC books that I got in
the library and both indicated that VBAC numbers were trending upwards.
Is my data out of date?

There was a big shift towards encouraging VBACs in the 90's, then I
think the driving factor was a change in the american college of
gyn and obstetrics which then made it harder for hospitals to
offer VBACs (I can't remember exactly what the rules were). Since
then things have gotten worse and there are plenty of women who
are being refused VBACs.

See:
http://www.ican-online.org/

Mary W.