Old September 5th 08, 11:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_5_]

Default school supplies!

NL wrote:
Rosalie B. schrieb:
Anne Rogers wrote:

You also have the pressure of being expected to understand, it isn't
always acceptable for adults to ask "silly" questions - and it can be

I am too old to be bothered by people thinking that I am asking silly
questions. And have been for a long time. I am every teacher's
nightmare.

Well, I don't fear asking stupid questions either, but asking questions
_all the time_ in a business meeting will make everyone feel
uncomfortable, besides there's usually a "time limit" meaning you can't
make a 1h appointment into a 2 or 3 hour appointment because there's
other people waiting.

exactly, I don't not ask a question because of what other people will
think of me, but in any situation, there are still things that are
appropriate and things that aren't. I do ballroom dancing, when I first
went to lessons, I never asked anything, because I didn't know anything,
I figured I'd try and do what I was being told to do and had no idea
that some things were more important than others. Then as I learnt more
I'd find I did have questions, but you still have to moderate what you
ask and it's actually a good skill to learn to try and work out answers
for yourself, you simply can't ask every question you might think of to
ask and be a reasonable member of society!

Cheers
Anne