Old March 11th 07, 02:36 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Hillary Israeli

Default almost 3YO girl insisting that she is a boy

In .com,
andrea baker wrote:

*Hi folks,
*
*Hypatia is almost 3 (can you believe that???) Anyway, for about the
*past 3 months, she has repeatedly insisted that she is a boy. She
*will, at times, get angry when I say things like "what a nice little
*girl you are" and will say, loudly, "no, I'm a boy!"
*
*Anyone think this is something to be concerned about?

I have no idea if it's normal or abnormal or what, but it's not something
any of my kids (aged 6, 4, and 2) have done. I mean, my 4 yr old has
occasionally said she WANTED to be a boy, but only a handful of times that
I recall and always after watching a Bob the Builder or something

That said, a friend of mine is a teacher who has a transgendered student
(female to male) in a local public high school. The student has a website,
and in the "family" area of the site:
http://asktye.com/blog/meet-my-family/ the mother states "Tye has been
telling us that he was male since he could talk at age 2. It was our own
prejudice and ignorance that kept us from getting it for so many years."
I am told the family is very open and willing to talk and share, and they
have contact information on the website, so you could probably email them
and see if your experiences are similar to theirs.

-h.
--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth