Old May 25th 04, 04:10 AM
Fer

Default Sick of the horror stories!

Elric wrote:
|| So I'm having a great pregnancy all around, but since I want to give
|| birth in a birth center instead of a hospital, people are using my
|| private choice to tell me the absolute worst birth horror stories
|| I've ever had to deal with in my life!
snipped
|| Anyone been there/currently there now with this one? I'd be
|| interested to hear what you all have to say.
|| Thanks,

Woman seem to love sharing their birth stories, the good and the bad
(especially the bad it seems). If they bother you, you should just be firm
that you are not interested in their stories. Pregnant woman seem to be
fair game (I've never heard of ppl going in for a potentially life
threatening procedure having everyone and their dog tell them about their
horror stories!!) and at times need to be reminded that they are not
helping!

As far as the birthing centre, I feel for you. Although most people in my
life were, thankfully, quiet about my choice for a homebirth they became
quite happily vocal about the news that I would probably have to deliver in
hospital. It seems that the general public are just not comfortable with
birthing anywhere but in a hospital even with all the information out there
telling them different. -?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97