Old July 17th 06, 11:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Default Update Q: allergies, gut problems and Neocate Vs breastmilk

"brandini73" wrote in message
ps.com...
My son is only 5 1/2 months old & he gets 1200 mg. per day. I mix it
with BM until it's the consistancy of prepared baby cereal. In our
case, I believe my son is intolerant, not truly allergic & that he'll
grow out of it. I'm willing to keep him on slippery elm forever,
though, if he doesn't. At a seminar I was at on this very subject, some
of the moms had great success using high doses of probiotics (given to
the kids) to heal leaky guts.

Good luck!
Brandy

Update:
Bub and mum have been to a herbalist / accupressure (not sure exactly) as of
Friday (don't know exactly what the herbs are but not slippery elm). So
far bub has done *normal* poos (rather than mucousy green slimey ones) but
has had some excess wind. ...
The mum is encouraged and is going to try this for a week or two, and then
is still going to try slippery elm if the current tmt makes no difference.

So thanks - fingers crossed that this tmt helps!
Amanda