Old January 21st 11, 02:06 AM
jdk1970 jdk1970 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyBusyBee View Post
What evidence do you have that this is true? Although I don't agree with extreme violence against children, a good smack on the hand or butt isn't going to make your kids stupid. I was disciplined physically (moreso than I would have liked --but oh well) and I obtained my Masters from Ball State in Psychology. Honestly, this is a rash assumption that makes no sense. The only reason I'm against HARSH physical punishment is because it lowers the trust between a child and parent. To top it off -- it hurts.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of spanking either, but there needs to be a little more evidence presented here.