Old May 8th 05, 05:11 AM
bobb

wrote in message
ups.com...

bobb wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

bobb wrote:
"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Trying to put a happy face on this one is
like painting a smiley face on the nosecone
of an atomic bomb.

It's like the "Arbeit Macht Frei" sign welded into
the gateways of several Nazi death camps.
(Work brings freedom or work makes freedom)

The courts have already gotten involved, and
a FOSTER Mom who refused to knuckle under
to the pressure and threats from the agencies
got the ball rolling. The rotten agencies thought
they could steamroller this one and it WILL
backfire severely.

The failures that basically enabled the Foster
kids to be used almost sadistically as Guinea
Pigs for AIDS drugs were and are systemic evils.

Did you think that the requirement that
ADVOCATES be appointed to look out for the
interests of each individual kid were a mere technicality?

There been more than just a single article exposing this problem.

I pointed out that the early article was a piece of yellow

journalism.
It did not provide depth but instead focused on the sensational by
mainly addressing the story of one foster parent advocate for the

child
in her care.

While it's a great hook, it's not the whole story, as this article
shows with more balance.

The
problem, of course, is and was the state.

As the first article tried to paint the picture, in limited

sensational
terms, yes. But that's now the media does things. Some media.

Hey, as I already mentioned the state got the kids and who really
cares what
they do with them.

You apparently didn't read this article. Both the reseachers and

the
state went to considerable pains to protect the children, and to

make
available to them the same advanced skill and medicines that other
non-foster children were being offerred.

Only if you beleive the state and the researchers. I don't. There

are a
great many adults to do 'testing' on while at the same time the best

medical
care could, and should, be offered foster children. These kids

should not
be used as test tubes. The state has no business making these kinds

of
decisions.

bobber, you are wrong. The state have EVERY business making these kinds
of decisions. This was the cutting edge of proven Tx Rx already tested
on adults.

Cutting edge? Hahahah.. unproven RX to be trialed on children of the state.
Hey, if it works... we'll give to bio families. If not... we'll look around
and do more testing.

And more children lived as a result.

... and die.

Would you want children, simply because they were wards of the state,
denied the latest in treatment afforded other children? Many MORE other
children, in fact 90% of the children in the study, and denied the
nearly doubled chance to live?

You have to remember, that if these children weren't in state care,
what might be the desire of their parents?

Seems to be parent were objecting.. but the all knowing, powerful state,
wasn't listening.

Are you aware that a great many children with AIDS in state custody are
there because their parents are either incapacitated, dying, dead, and
or put the child in state care in hopes the child would get better
care...and a chance at life?

And, there are children in the system that have been wrongly removed who
have no chance at a better life... or in this case... no life at all.

You are shallow and small minded, bobber. Very. Read the article again,
slowly. The children got to live at a greater rate than had happened
before the treatment.

Would you have preferred they NOT be allowed to participate in the
study?

The weren't being 'allowed'... they were being 'forced'. There is a
difference.

bobb

bobb

0:-/