Old September 24th 03, 05:23 AM
Dawn Lawson

Default fruit juices for babies versus adults ( solids)

DeliciousTruffles wrote:
Dawn Lawson wrote:

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

Mine are almost 2 yo and have never had juice.

Obviously your mother lives some distance away? ;-)

LOL! :-D Actually, that would be MIL. She tried to give them sips of
beer at 16 months.

ya know, weirdly, I'd be ok with that. Gripe water (yes, I know, it
comes without alcohol now) is/was 3% alcohol.
A sip of juice wouldn't bother me either.
It's the constant pressure to *fill* him a bottle of juice, or even
weirder, watered down juice or punch. (and the comment when I gave him a
bit of digestive biscuit and a sippy of water "oh, there, he's set now
with his bread and water") WHY teach him to expect colored sweetened
water, or juice? *I* don't drink juice, eat candy, have dessert every
meal, etc....

A sip from a grownup cup just seems different to me, a flavor experience
(and yes, if it were beer that wouldn't make me crazy.)

*g* But I respect your right to froth at your MIL ;-))

Dawn, obviously completely nuts.

P.S....speaking of limiting sugar intake...anyone with an insulin
resistant kid? Mine's got darker skin under his arms.....AN? Dr looked
and said not a problem, but as I am (*yay*) going to my beloved RE
tomorrow, I will show her. (RE will take me back as I have PCOS, even
if I am not in the running for TTC#2)

(Babble, babble.....guess who's over tired?)