Old January 5th 09, 04:58 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka

Default Another C-section question...

Kat wrote:

I called the line about community services we have here... They're like a
'distress line' and have info on everything from counsellors to places to
get food and necessities and everything in between. I asked if there was
anything that I could possibly get help from and there was this place called
something like "Association for Safe Alternatives in Childbirth" and I
called and left a message a few days ago. The machine said they check
messages on a weekly basis only, so I will wait until the end of this week
coming up and hope they can offer some help for what I need, or be able to
point me in the right direction.
This 'distress line' place I called for the city offers info on very
low-cost or free services, they don't really give info on things that
normally cost or are for-profit, so maybe this Association place might be a
good start.

Also, just start calling doulas out of the phone
book and ask if they know anyone in training who needs to
attend births and would be willing to help you out for
free or reduced cost. It's common for doulas in training
to charge significantly less, especially early in their
training.

Best wishes,
Ericka