Old December 10th 06, 05:58 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
DontCallMe

Default Cephalohematoma, is this something to worry about?

concerned wrote in
7.131:

I asked several nurses in the hospital and also our brand new
pediatrician about a soft squishy area on my newbord daughter's head.
They all assured me that it is a Cephalohematoma and nothing to worry
about. I asked again at the 5 day checkup at the pediatrican's office
and again 'it will go away'. She is 11 days old now and the puffy
area seems to have gotten larger.(or maybe I'm just obsessing over it
making it look larger to me??) I don't know if i'm worrying over
nothing or if I need to take her to the hospital to get checked out
before next week's pediatrician appointment in 5 days.

Anybody have any experience with these? The puffyest part is just
off to the right of the crown of the head(towards the top/back) and
circumference about the size of a silver dollar.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, you've given me more info than I
could find on the web. Mostly I found VERY techical articles that
didn't describe in laymans terms how it would look/feel etc. Guess
i'll have to find something else to worry about, no shortage of those.

12th day, newbie parent