Old March 10th 09, 08:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default poll on babies after having high-needs baby

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were any
of them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my third
was high-needs. I think that scares me most about having another baby. I'm
not pregnant but I am thinking about it, but I'm just really scared. My
third baby was so hard for me and I had a nice two/three year depression
while dealing with her. She's 6.5 now and the main reason I've not had
more is because I worry about going through that again. If I did decide to
get pregnant(and it actually work, I'm older and it took a year last
time), it would be at least a year from now, after the economy is better
and dh's job is stable again.

I've heard that often if someone has a high needs or clingy baby that seems
to often be the last one for them. I don't know if these people that I've
heard this from had decided on X amount of children or X amount of
girls/boys or whatever when they had the high needs one by chance, but it
just seems to be not uncommon for the high needs one to be the last one.
I know I am the oldest and I have 2 younger brothers. My youngest brother
was the clingy, high needs, spoiled one and he was also the last.
With me, DD2 was and still is a Velcro baby. DS and DD1 aren't at all. DD2
is. I ended up with DD3, though, but that was NOT at all planned! She's
not old enough to tell if she is needy, high needs, clingy or any special
circumstance baby as of yet.
I also had a fair bit of PPD after DD1 was born. Before DD1 was 6 months
old, I was pg with DD2. I dealt with the PPD from DD1 and had it again,
although not as bad, after DD2 was born. 2 years and a couple months later,
with DD3, I haven't had the issues with PPD.
I will NOT have another one, though. High needs or not, I am NOT having any
more after DD3!
Ok, now with my scatterbrain kinda in motion, I don't know if that all makes
any sense at all or not. Or if I'm just rambling on and getting totally off
the topic