Old August 6th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
Ivan Gowch

Default When discipline becomes confused with punishment

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 18:25:37 -0500, "Ron"
wrote:

== Child's death 'work of the devil'
==
== A 7-year-old girl becomes Toronto's 39th homicide of the year
==
== Aug 04, 2008 09:45 AM
==
== Joanna Smith
== Staff Reporter
==
== Beverley Walker wiped away tears as she spoke about the heartbreak her
== long-time friend Bernice Sampson experienced yesterday after learning
== her 7-year-old daughter had been killed.
==
== "I'm sorry for Bernice," the 56-year-old woman said while sitting in a
== coffee shop in the Queen St. W. and Lansdowne Ave. area with a group
== of close friends.
==
== "She's not going to make it. She's gone. She was having a hard time
== already. She didn't want to give her up in the first place."
==
== As she spoke, Walker spotted Sampson with a friend stumbling along the
== sidewalk outside, clutching a school photograph of her chubby-faced
== daughter Katelynn Sampson, who earlier in the morning had become
== Toronto's 39th homicide victim of the year.
==
== Walker ran outside to meet her and the grieving mother collapsed into
== her arms.
==
== About an hour earlier, Sampson had screamed and hurled herself at the
== front door of a highrise apartment building at 105 West Lodge Ave.
== where her daughter had been found dead. Her weeping friends had pulled
== her into a car and tried to calm her.
==
== Katelynn had been pronounced dead in a second-floor apartment shortly
== after Toronto EMS responded to a 911 call made around 2:30 a.m.
== regarding a young girl who had stopped breathing while choking on
== food.
==
== The paramedic realized quickly that the girl "had been dead for quite
== some time" and that her body showed "obvious signs of trauma" that
== contradicted the story, Toronto homicide Det. Sgt. Steve Ryan said at
== a press conference at police headquarters yesterday.
[...]

==1. This was not a case of discipline gone wrong, its a case of abuse.
==Child abuse. Learn the difference.

Bull****. There is no difference between deliberately
causing a child pain in the name of discipline and
abuse, except in the minds of assholes who want
to excuse the damage they do to the children in their
care.

If I should decide to administer multiple blows to
some part of your anatomy, Ronnie, you sure as
hell would consider it abuse, you hypocritical sicko.

==2. Spastic advocacy is not going to help your cause. Moderate your
==personal feelings with common sense and wise words.

I don't take advice from douchebag apologists for
child abuse.

==3. You have raised 3 kids. Congrats. I have raised 235.

Sure you have.

==I'm not Dr.
==Spock either, he's an idiot,

Dr. Benjamin Spock is the most renowned name in
the science of baby and child care, and you are a
douchebag apologist for child-beating.
Gee, I wonder who has more credibility?

==I use CP when its
==appropriate,

What you mean is, you hurt children when doing so
will make YOU feel good. You are apparently a sadist
and an incompetent care-giver and I hope someone is
watching you carefully.

Clearly, you are a danger to any child unfortunate
enough to be within your foul reach.