Old November 3rd 03, 01:56 AM

Default What to expect at 12-week appointment?

"Dagny" wrote
Measuring tape.

Are you serious, that's what they use??ugh...

Shouldn't this be about what *you* want? Is this what you want?

Yeah, I misspoke that...they would want to do them at this time if I agree.
They don't push them but they inform you a lot that they are available. I
doubt I'll do them.

Weight, urine. They may try to hear the baby with a Doppler ultrasound
device. Warning, this will probably make you very nervous if they can't
find the heartbeat yet.

snip They do it at 18-20
weeks' gestation because abortion at that point is still legal.

I didn't even know that abortion was legal past the 1st trimester. (except
in case where mother'slife is in danger). I know nothing about abortion.
Regular ob's don't do them, do they? (I'm not considering one, don't worry!
Just curious)...I thought you had to go to a clinic. As I said I know
nothing about abortion.

Parents flock to the second trimester ultrasound because of the sex
determination, however.