Old June 13th 04, 07:45 AM
Jenrose

Default Asthma, Advair and Pregnancy

"Colleen" wrote in message
om...
I have just become pregnant and have been using Advair for the last
year. Since the last posting to this the kids.pregnancy and
support.asthma groups in December 2003, has anyone else gained
first-hand experience or solid information regarding the use of Advair
either before or during pregnancy?

My asthma doc said no... use flovent and albuterol instead because the
long-acting seravent has a longer half-life.

Then again, I've found my inhaler use drops radically when I up my magnesium
and vitamin C--I went from needing advair *and* albuterol *and* singulair
*and* zyrtec to just singulair and zyrtec. Singulair was not one she was
comfortable with, but it's category B vs. the cat C for the inhalers.

Magnesium (citrate, 300 mg once a day or 200 mg twice a day when it's bad
out) has made an incredible difference in how well controlled my asthma is.