Old April 12th 06, 02:16 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Cost of Piano Lessons?

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
Cindy wrote:

My daughter is interested in taking piano lessons and I have no idea what
they
run privately. I realize prices differ region to region but I'm trying to get
ballpark number.

No idea, but consider group lessons. They might be cheaper, and they might
also be more interesting.

Eh, I'm not a fan of group lessons on piano. You
don't get near enough attention, and the early years are
really important for hand position. It's *really* *really*
hard to break bad habits in hand position. If you get the
chance, before signing up for lessons, see if you can attend
a studio recital. A good teacher will have kids who are
very musical and have good hand position and "touch" even
among the youngest students. It makes a big difference in
the long run. Not only that, but proper positioning
protects against pain and nerve damage too.

Best wishes,
Ericka