Old November 11th 05, 05:46 AM
CME

Default new to group

"Kim" wrote in message
news:5CUcf.118977$yS6.68085@clgrps12...

"CME" wrote in message
news:xeScf.101945$S4.39031@edtnps84...

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:38:51 -0500,
the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

hello i'm new to this group. fresh out of divorce { well if you
can call
that fresh } any way i have a 7 year old girl hanna and a 6 year
old boy
josh . trying to make sure we as mom and dad keep our kids lives
as
normal
as possible we have joint phys custody and i'm confident in my
parenting
abilities the reason for my first post is i need some new idea's
for
cooking
let's face it mom cooked and left me with hamburger's and such .
now i
need
to step up in this area any ideas will be apperciated

Welcome! Sounds like you have the right idea WRT the kids.

Paul F is really good with recipe ideas. I cook a lot of chicken
and
turkey, the occasional brisket, corned beef, or roast/stew. It
gets
boring after awhile.

Okay, okay.....one I tried the other night that was quick and
good........lightily floured (and sage) chicken breasts sauted in a
frying
pan, when the chicken is done, you take 1/4-1/2 cup of dry
vermouth pour
it in the pan and cook into the scraping until about half of it is
gone,
then add a table spoon or two of lemon juice just before taking it
off the
heat......that mixture is poured of the chicken...........then if you
really
have time on your hands you can top it off with the zest from the
lemon.
:-)

And another one..........bow tie pasta.........equal amounts of sun
dried tomatoes and green olives.............run both the olives and
tomatoes through a food processor (not at the same time :-) ) oh and
make sure they are pitted olives ;-) to a fine chop consistency. 1/2
cup heavy cream heated in a sauce pan, then add the tomatoes and olives
and a tiny bit of olive oil, cook until the cream starts to turn pink,
then add 1/2 cup of the water from the pasta, then mix with the
pasta......makes a great side dish.

Geez Paul, when are you moving in?

Christine

Back off he's mine! lol